Maya’s passion lies in empowering her patients, by teaching them
to care for, and heal their own bodies using the principles of
naturopathic medicine. She knows firsthand, individualized
medicine can help us stay healthy, active, and pain free so we
can live our lives to fullest.
Maya has a special interest in Women’s health, helping women
achieve hormonal balance, healthy weight, thyroid balance,
healthy adrenals, optimize fertility, and pre/post natal care. She
also treats a range of digestive issues, and stress/sleep issues.
After having three children of her own, Maya understands the
demands of balancing family, work, and self care. She is
committed to maintaining balance and joy in her life, and helping
others find balance and health in their lives too.
In her free time, Maya enjoys being outdoors, biking, practicing
Yoga and Pilates, and spending time with her family.
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, 2005
- McMaster University, BSc Science, 2001
- Mind Body Medicine course at Harvard University Boston, 2007
- Wilfred Laurier University, Yoga teacher training, 2008
- Yoga West Vancouver, Kundalini Yoga teacher training 2014
- Clinical faculty at Boucher Institute for Naturopathic Medicine, (Vancouver), 2014