Appreciating and acknowledging this vast country that we are blessed to live in is the beginning for Dr. Bohez, ND.
Heather was raised in Calgary, went to the University of Victoria, and played varsity basketball, trained with Canada’s National Women’s Basketball team in Toronto, attended The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto and is a member of the Millbrook First Nation in Truro, Nova Scotia by way of her mom.
Her respect for traditional medicine, passion for coaching, and desire to educate ultimately led Heather to pursue her Doctor of Naturopathy. Trust in life, determination, integrity, and an extensive support system enable her to strive for excellence and are qualities she brings to her patients on their path to wellness and healing.
Dr. Bohez, ND has learned to walk in many circles and has had many wonderful teachers. She is thankful for her most important teachers, her parents, sisters, 2 sons and partner.
There are many quotes and writings that have guided Heather on her path. Here is a sample:
- “The future lies before you, like a field of fallen snow; Be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.” ~ Doris A. Wright
- To whom much is given, much is required. (Luke 12:48)
- What you do not know you are forgiven; what you do know you have a responsibility. ~?
- The vision that you glorify in your mind, the ideal that you enthrone in your heart – this you will build your life by, and this you will become. ~James Lane Allen
- You can’t saw sawdust. ~ Dale Carnegie