Affinity Health Clinic is working on having Nurse Practitioners be a part of our clinic. We are excited to be offering this option of primary care to the community. Nurse Practitioner Led clinics are an innovative model for delivery of comprehensive primary health care in Ontario and Canada. The model is designed to improve access to care for the thousands of individuals and families who do not currently have a medical doctor. One of the unique aspects of the model is the incorporation of nursing leadership within an interprofessional team.
- The Waterloo Region Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is one of 26 NPLCs in Ontario
- Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics are a primary health care delivery model in which Nurse Practitioners are the lead providers of primary health care
- Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinics provide comprehensive primary health care to people of all ages and all health conditions across the province of Ontario
- NPLCs are governed by a board which consists of Community Members and Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners collaborate with a team that includes our patients, dieticians, pharmacists, nurses, social workers and administrative staff. Family physicians are available for consultation
- Nurse Practitioners diagnose, treat, counsel, prescribe medicines, order diagnostic tests and perform procedures for their patients
- For more information visit: http://wrnplc.ca/